By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise.
It’s true that young people today are being pressured more and more by their friends and by society.
And if you’re a parent, I strongly encourage you to model Christ to your children first”¦before anything else. If you build your home on a foundation of the Word of God, then you will raise up your children with an unshakable commitment to Christ”¦a commitment that not only will make them successful adults, but one that will attract others to Him.
If you want to pass along your faith to your children, then:
• Work to build a strong, healthy Christian marriage,
• Devote yourself to being a godly parent,
• And train your children in Christian discipleship.
Then continue to make disciples of your children by giving them:
• Unconditional love, encouragement, and praise,
• A genuine godly example to follow,
• And godly leadership, discipline, and wisdom.
Parents, the ball really is in your court. God has called you to pass along your faith to your family. Coach your children to be players who follow the Lord by faith”¦and attract others to Him through their witness and example!
IF YOU BUILD YOUR HOME ON THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORD OF GOD, THEN YOU WILL RAISE UP YOUR CHILDREN WITH AN UNSHAKABLE COMMITMENT TO CHRIST.